Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hoot needs common sense?

So I have my sourdough at close to finished and ready to shape, when the urge suddenly strikes me to paint a design I saw this morning. I get these urges. But they're not uncontrollable, I don't need therapy. Don't Judge Me!

... So anyway I meander over and paint an absolutely adorable little owl on my thumb. Well, I start to, at any rate. 'Cause right about the time I finish the third color and have big thick blobs of polish on my thumb for the eyes, the timer goes off. Fantastic. Luckily all I need to do is to move the dough into a greased bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. I can do that one-handed, no problem!

Heh. For future reference, to anyone who is curious... you canNot, without practice, operate a tube of plastic wrap using the fingers of only one hand. And plastic wrap and wet nail-polish are do not play nicely.

So long story short, isn't this a cute little owl?


I think I'll name him 'Hindsight'. At any rate, by the time we finished him - again - I was about through with detail work. I had a pretty good color scheme going though, so I'm currently sporting an owl, and 9 leopard print nails.



I feel positively at one with nature. Not sure where in nature you find both tawny owls and leopards, but I'm right there.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your commentary!!

    (And, of course, the nail art! That goes without saying!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I think I'm getting the hang of this whole blogging thing. It's kind of fun to put natural sarcasm down to good purpose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and, we DO have that sarcasm down, you and I, eh?

    ReplyDelete